After weeks of dilemma whether you should or should not get yourself an annual health checkup if you have finally made up your mind to visit the doctor, this article is written just for you. It will help you get a brief outlook of all the available health checkup packages in Bangalore. Health checkups are important because they help in discovering potential dangers in the human body before they become serious. And, if you too want to make use of that advantage to ensure yourself a healthy life, it is necessary for you to be aware of the best health checkup packages in Bangalore. Since health screenings should be a regular practice, the knowledge of the most affordable deals helps in continuing that practice. Health Checkup in Bangalore can be done with the help of any of the following packages.
Full body health checkup in Fortis:
Fortis offers two different kinds of full-body health checkups for men and women. The charge for full-body health checkup for men is around INR 7400 and for women, it is around INR 8000.
The tests included in the full-body health check-up for men are:
- Blood grouping & RH typing
- Peripheral Smear
- Stool routine
- Chest X-ray
- Prostate-Specific Antigen or PSA
- Ultrasound abdomen & pelvis
- Lipid Profile with VLDL, LDL, HDL, Total Cholesterol, Triglycerides
- Diabetes Evaluation by Post Prandial Blood Sugar and Fasting Blood Sugar
- LFT or Liver Function Test, which includes SGPT, GGPT, SGOT, Albumin, Globulin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Total Protein, Total and Direct Bilirubin
- Thyroid Profile of T3, T4 and TSH
- Kidney Profile with Sr Uric Acid, Sr Creatinine, Calcium, Phosphorus, BUN
- Cardiac Risk Evaluation with ECHO Screening or Tread Mill Test and ECG
The tests also include consultations based on dental, ophthalmological, dermal issues.
For women, other than the common ones, there are two additional check-ups provided. They are :
- Sonomammogram for less than 40 years
- Mammogram for above 40 years
Basic health checkup in Fortis:
Basic health check-up is necessary to lead an overall healthy life. At Fortis, you can opt for a basic health check-up at just Rs. 1200 at the Bannerghatta Road branch. Some of the tests included in the basic health checkup packages are:
- CBC with ESR
- Chest X-ray
- Blood group and also RH factor
- Blood Sugar
- Urine Routine
- A consultation with a general physician
Executive health checkup in Fortis:
Very often due to our hectic work schedule we neglect our health. This health check-up is specially designed for working executives with a budget of around INR 3500. It includes the following tests:
- Complete blood count along with ESR
- Post-Prandial Blood Sugar
- Fasting Blood Sugar
- Kidney Profile with Creatinine, Uric Acid and Blood Urea Nitrogen
- Lipid Profile with Cholesterol, LDL Cholesterol, HDL Cholesterol, VLDL Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Thyroid – T3, T4 and TSH
- LFT with Total protein, Bilirubin, Albumin, SGOT, SGPT, GGT and A/G ratio
- Urine routine
- Alkaline Phosphatase
- Chest X-Ray
- Ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis
- Consultation with a general physician and a dentist.
Master health checkup:
A Master Health Checkup allows an early detection if there is an issue in your health and also offer a specialist consultation for that. You need to spend around INR 5200 for this package. It includes all the tests offered in the executive health check-ups along with with a consultation with a specialist such as a Cardiologist or a Neurologist or Orthopaedician.
Fortis Health Management Programme:
One can avail this health package at around INR 7200. The hospital offers all routine tests like executive and master health check-ups along with consultations from an ophthalmologist and a dentist.
All the above-mentioned check-up packages are available on all the weekdays. However, to avail the tests on Sundays you might need to pay extra charges. There are five branches of Fortis in Bangalore located at Bannerghatta Road, Cunningham Road, Nagarbhavi, Rajajinagar and Richmond Town. You can visit the nearest branch as per your convenience and choose a suitable health package. But, the provision of full-body checkup is only offered by the Bannerghatta Road branch of Bangalore.